The heritage of the Biotechnical faculty (BTF) dates back to 1937 when Research Station for Southern Cultures in Bar was established, and to the fifties when five additional research stations were established. Very soon after that (in 1960), all of them were merged into Institute of Agriculture, lately renamed to the Biotechnical Institute in 1997 and since 2008 constituted as Biotechnical Faculty. The recent openness of the Montenegrin society and economy, since 2000, has had a positive impact on BTF’s activities: young researchers have started to go more intensively abroad , connections with partner institutions in the Balkan region and with EU Member States. The involvement of the BTF in the ERA has thus increased. The Biotechnical Faculty Podgorica is a member of the University of Montenegro, with the longest research tradition in the country (75 years). The BTF performs three types of activities: Research, Higher education and Services (the extension and laboratory services.
Role of UoM will be to set up working groups, nominate an officer for LL, and expert for career guidance. Institution will review working concept, and prepare presentation on LL activities. UoM will conduct surveying, prepare reports on LL potentials at institutional and national level, as well as a case study. Institution will participate in a workshop in Sarajevo. UoM will review the draft version of Regional guidelines and will develop national strategies, will participate in a round table, in a meeting in Osijek, and the final conference in Tirana. UoM will participate in teacher training, designing of pilot activities, courses' curricula, and their conduct. Institution will distribute and collect student questionnaires. UoM will participate in project management, creation of Interim and Final reports, and procurement of equipment.