The university is an autonomous public institution of higher education, which develops academic education, scientific research, artistic, professional counseling and other areas of academic activities. Colegues. University Has the following objectives:
1. Act as a leading center for the advancement of knowledge, ideas and research in the higher education system in Kosovo;
2. Play a leading role in the development of education, science, culture, society and economy of Kosovo;
3. To assist in the promotion of democratic citizenship;
4. Aim to create and maintain the highest standards in teaching and learning, research and artistic creativity;
5. Utilize its resources in the most efficient way;
6. Cooperate and participate in all the activities of higher education at the national, regional and international levels;
7. Adapt to European standards;
8. Fully integrated in the European higher education area (ie, according to the Bologna Declaration) and the European research area.
Role of UP will be to set up working groups, nominate an officer for LL, and expert for career guidance. Institution will review working concept, and prepare presentation on LL activities. UP will conduct surveying, prepare reports on LL potentials at institutional and national level, as well as a case study. Institution will participate in a workshop in Sarajevo. UP will review the draft version of Regional guidelines and will develop national strategies, will participate in a round table, in a meeting in Osijek, and the final conference in Tirana. UP will participate in teacher training, designing of pilot activities, courses' curricula, and their conduct. Institution will distribute and collect student questionnaires. UP will participate in project management, creation of Interim and Final reports, and procurement of equipment.